Tuesday, April 27, 2010

living my way

So finally, at 35, I've decided how I want to exist on this earth. And I'm pretty close, most days.

I want to live a life where I am a good wife, mother and friend. I want to be kind to strangers, because you don't know when a stranger will become a friend. I want to be honest in every interaction I have, in my words and in my intentions.

I want to live simply. I want to have a life where I have what I need, I consider what I want and get rid of the things I neither want nor need.

I want to waste little. I reuse the comics and make bows from magazine pages. I compost my kitchen scraps and I sell and buy on craigslist. I am going to use old barnwood for my floors and I will buy it locally and use local craftsmen to put it all together. I will repair my appliances rather than replace them (even if they don't match! gasp!).

People first, things second.

I like knowing how I want to be so that I can measure my day's success and make tomorrow better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your "living my way" guideline. It reminds me of the way I was taught growing up.

J Jesus
o others
y yourself

This recipe never fails.