Sunday, July 12, 2009

I noticed something.

I haven't spent much time at Wal-Mart recently, but I took a little trip there the other day and noticed something about their generics.

Used to be that the generics looked as much as humanly possible like the thing they were trying to copy without any copyright infringement. But suddenly? When it's cool to be frugal and cheap? Their generic branding is starting to look a little like the plain yellow generic boxes of my childhood.

Because suddenly, we're all doing the right thing by buying generic rather than actic embarassed by it.

I don't know why all this "in this economy" blah blah blah makes me want to rebell and spend, spend, spend. Maybe all the reversy pyschology is working on me...

1 comment:

Green Tractor said...

Another month without sunshine.