Saturday, February 7, 2009

Update-o-rama

Things round these parts have shore been interesting lately. But not innerestin' enough to write about. Clearly.

The oldest's ear drum ruptured. Again. He gives me no warning. Just, "my ear hurts" then two hours later screaming in pain, then relief in the form of bloody pus pouring from his ear. It's quite lovely. Then he jumped off the slide playing tag and hurt his foot. I almost didn't want to take him to the doctor for fear that the report of another child being hurt while playing tag would mean a ban from tag on playgrounds nationwide. Newsflash: children get hurt while acting like children. It happens. Get over it already. Anyhow, I think he'll be fine. Just a little limping.

The littlest one lost his first tooth. He's been sporting a set of shark teeth now for about a month, so I'm glad to see at least one of them go, though he's a little worried that when he shows people that they won't know he's lost a tooth because the new one's already there. And, good news! He doesn't have any broken bones! I just thought I'd state that for the record, because he always seems to have one. But never fear, baseball season's right around the corner!

The girl child went to her first daddy-daughter dance. She had a fancy dress with sparkles that she loved because it left a trail of sparkles wherever she went. And, reportedly she refused to do the chicken dance, apparently with a look of mixed horror and disgust at the people doing it. Her father's daughter, that's for sure. And I'm thinking that he loves her more than me, because he'll actually dance with her. Though at bedtime, she did report a pain in her toe, due to the fact that contact was made by her father's shoe on her foot, so you know, maybe there's a reason we don't dance.

And me? I'm in a heated competition with a few family members to see who can lose the most weight before April. And I'm in a competition with another family member who doesn't know she's in competition with me to see who can do the most pushups at the family gathering this summer. And I'm not telling her so that I have a snowball's chance in, well, you know where, of even coming close. Because I can do eight in a row. NOT ON MY KNEES. HAHAHAHA. Ahem. Yeah. And I'm a grownup, too.

And I'm celebrating the fifth anniversary of my 29th birthday today. And next week it will be fifteen years that I've known my husband. Well, I didn't know he was going to be my husband, but you get the picture. And you know what? I'm still totally smitten.

4 comments:

green.barn said...

There seems to be some subtle encouragement here to put you ahead in the weight loss competition! I actually went to the web site to see the wonderful new M&M's ad! The mint and triple chocolate will be hard to resist! How can a daughter, whose mother forgot her birthday, be so cruel to said mother?

green.barn said...

There seems to be some subtle encouragement here to put you ahead in the weight loss competition! I actually went to the web site to see the wonderful new M&M's ad! The mint and triple chocolate will be hard to resist! How can a daughter, whose mother forgot her birthday, be so cruel to said mother?

ca sister said...

Ahem. Sneaky, this not-telling-we're-competing thing. If you win because you are strong and fabulous, you DESERVE IT!!!

Hippo birdies two ewes!

#2 said...

Mom, you were craving chocolate so badly that you looked at it online? Seriously?

I guess it doesn't have any calories that way, though.

And the other sister better not mail me temptation. But I'll totally mail her girl scout cookies.

And, yeah, ca sister, like I have a chance against you. I just don't want my arm flab to hit you in the eye when I wave at you. That's all, really.