Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Changing Tactics


My daughter has been pretending she's a dog every day now for months. My method of operation has been to ignore it, hoping it will go away, or to tell her to quit crawling, she's getting holes in her pants.


Sarge and I had a discussion the other day about the way we (read:me) were going about it. We decided that it clearly wasn't working. So I tried something new.


I ran with it.


She has eaten her last two meals on the floor. She had milk on a plate this morning, and she's been eating Cocoa Puffs and Kix, because they look like dog food. I've been petting her head and haing her do tricks (though she does make me promise to do other tricks after 'play dead' before she'll comply). I didn't even get mad when her jeans got a hole in them after playing dog all afternoon.
I figure, it's bad now, but she'll get bored with it, right? I mean, who can eat cocoa puffs for every meal? Wait. Don't answer that. Gah. This could make for a very long holiday vacation.

2 comments:

ca sister said...

As long as she's still using the bathroom IN the house, and not the lawn...

#2 said...

If it weren't like 12 degrees out here, she probably would - she's taking this very seriously.