Friday, November 14, 2008

If wishes were horses...

I was being the most terrible mother in the land today.

I made my son eat his soup. Well, I take that back. I told him if he wanted another piece of bread, then he had to finish his Butternut Squash Soup (Yay! Football is over! I remember how to cook again!). There wasn't much. He could walk away from the soup and be done with dinner.

Instead, he cried. And sobbed. And I set a timer.

"I just wish I didn't have taste bugs!"

Add that onto the dog refusing to lick my bowl, and I'm feeling pretty darn good about my cooking right about now.

2 comments:

Hubby said...

I never expect my kid to eat/like anything, but when the dogs turn it down, that devastates me.

Missives From Suburbia said...

Dang it. I hate when Hubby doesn't log out of his account before I start commenting on people's blogs.