Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Adventures in cup wearing

I am a girl. I am a girl with two sisters. You could say that I lack experience with this sort of thing.

So when we started this football adventure, one of the items that we purchased was a cup. And the underwear that went with it.

We called the cupholder-thingie a diaper. Because that's what the youngest thought it looked like, and well, I thought it was funny.

There was the time that we stayed after a football game to watch a friend's game. The oldest child was removing some of his gear and handing it to me. Until? Until he started to reach down in his pants in the stands. In the stands, in broad daylight, my nine year old child is reaching in his pants. And I knew exactly why, and said, "Oh, no you don't - you are NOT taking that cup out and handing it to me right here in public. It's one thing to hand me your helmet and pads, boy. Don't even think about it."

And then there was the time that it looked like a balloon full of pee exploded all over my bathroom. MY bathroom. Why didn't he use one of the others? Because it was just my day. I'm pretty sure not even a drop went into the toilet. He says, "But Mom, it was hard to manage with my pants and my cup and I just couldn't get it right." Get it right? Are you kidding? My bathroom smelled like an interstate gas station bathroom!

So, yeah, I was pretty excited when I got to wash it and box it up with the rest of the football gear. I'm pretty sure that I'll feel nostalgic toward football season about the time it's sign-ups again. Just like childbirth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

been reading your blog for some time but just had to respond to this message ... hilarious!!!!!!! Could almost visualize it.

Fellow Frisconian!

#2 said...

I'm so glad you commented! Thanks for the compliment!

I'm sorry though, that you now have the image of my son reaching in his pants to give me his cup. I hope it doesn't keep you up at night like it does me...