Friday, September 26, 2008

Woopie misunderstandings

My youngest child had a request that we make his new cousin some Woopies.

So I did one evening while the children were in bed. I laid them down in my place where I put finished projects (read: on the floor) and promptly forgot about them. So in the morning, nearly the first thing out of that child's mouth was, "You made the woopies for my cousin!" Apparently I also installed woop-radar.

I was in the other room and mumbled something in return like, "I know, YAY!" then demanded to know if he wanted Cheerios or Shredded Wheat. STAT! Until about two seconds later when his little sad face came close to mine and said, "But Mommy, I thought when you made them that they would smell like a woopie."

1 comment:

Granny said...

It's sweet the little one remembers the smell of his woopie. Now it will be his baby cousins turn to have his own woopie smell!

I know a home in Texas with 3 really great kids who have a lot of family that loves them so much.

Girls weekend sounds like all of you had a great time. It's wonderful that you were able to get together and share in the excitement in preparing a beautiful welcome shower for a new little member of the family soon.

I remember those pitiful sobs of departure when the children have to leave. Sometimes you sob with them. But all our lives go on and we cherish those precious fond memories that we've made and look forward to the next visit!