Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just when I was starting to get excited...

We got a form from the music teacher. Fourth graders begin to play the recorder. The recorder sounds annoying and screechy when played by someone who knows what they are doing. I'm thinking ear plugs. And headphones.


P.S. If the words are tear-stained in the next few days, please, just politely look away and pretend you didn't notice. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be okay with having a fourth grader, a second grader and a kindergartener.

2 comments:

ca sister said...

As long as *someone* manages to lose it when it comes home for the summer, you'll retain your sanity.

Good luck with the recorder. We've had a few here.

In my day, we got to play the violin or flute at school for music. Yes, public schools. No, not back when there were dinosaurs. In my mind, it sounded much better than the recorder. Mom, I hope it *actually* did!

green.barn said...

I can't help - I thought I would be elated, but was actually very lonesome when you all went off to school. I still had all the laundry, dishes, shopping, and cleaning to do, but none of the entertainment of being with any of my three daughters. Then you would all burst through the door, waving a zillion papers I needed to read and/or sign, and I would wish for a happy medium.

I think I have it now - all of the entertainment, all of the joy, and none of the responsibility. Thank you, dear daughters!