Friday, June 6, 2008

A perfect ending.

Today was the last day of school for my kidlets. I've decided that everyone should go to a party after school to celebrate the beginning of summer and have all kinds of ridiculous fun. And so we did.

We invited all kinds of friends over and we played outside and inside and outside and we ate ALL afternoon long. There was the obligatory slip-n-slide that only sortof worked, water balloons and there were puddles all over my kitchen floor We had a salon for some of the girls and we watched E.T., which apparently still makes me cry, but didn't even start it until 9:30. And some kids stayed and are currently sleeping in various locations around my house.

Some parents stayed, some did not - I forgot to even count the number of children that were here - all I know is that currently there are six, and I'm responsible for all of them (FOR NOW.)

And so, this structured, bedtime by 8:30, brush all your teeth, eat at the table life that we lead was thrown out the window for this day. This special celebration day for everyone - teachers, kids and parents alike - was celebrated big at my house.

I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow, but I know I won't regret it in the long run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about the long run. Those ARE memories that will last a lifetime!!

Have a great summer!!

Tanith said...

Great work.