Thursday, April 17, 2008

All-out Game Hunt

There was a near disaster the other day. The Lego Star Wars game for the Wii was missing. As in nowhere to be found. The case and the disc, both. All other games were accounted for, just this one was gone.

The oldest plays it each day that he gets a Wii turn. He loves that game. He didn't want to find another game to play, he was willing to postpone his turn until we were able to find the game.

We all ended up participating in the game hunt. We looked upstairs, turned over the downstairs. Nowhere.

Often, I'll bribe the children to help me find something, usually my keys, with a "whoever finds them first gets a quarter!" This time it was "whoever finds it gets ten extra minutes on their Wii turn!"

Suddenly, the middle child appeared, having magically found the game. Under her brother's bed. "How'd you find that game so fast?" I asked. She tried to hide a smirk.

"I hid it under his bed." It took a few lies to finally get that answer out of her.

"Why?"

"Because I wanted them to play with me, and they ALWAYS play that game." Imagine the whiniest voice you'd ever heard. "And it didn't even WORK."

No comments: