Monday, February 18, 2008

The price of pride, six year old style.

So the middle one refused to wear her jacket. She was annoyed that I assumed that she might get cold. Because it was like 40 degrees outside. And then I had the GALL to bring it along. She was mad.

So I told her I was holding it hostage, that she couldn't have it. It would cost her $1 to get it from me. She said she didn't need it. She wasn't cold.

We reached our destination, which was still fairly cool, though not 40 degrees. I told her I was lowering the price to an "I love you, Mommy," and a "You were right." She shivered, hugged herself and told me she wasn't cold.

At one point, she leaned over to me and said, "I love you Mommy." I told her I loved her too, and then looked at her, waiting for the next piece. She said, "You were NOT right." And then fell on the floor laughing. So did her brother.

As we went back outside, she said, without thinking, "BRRRR." I turned, held out the jacket and teased her. She laughed at me.

This was two days ago. She still refuses, even though I've told her that I'm not holding it hostage anymore. She thinks it's hysterical that she's out-stubborned me.

1 comment:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

It's funny till children's services shows up at your door. HA!
Why were women cursed with the ability to always be right? It's so frustrating when we're also cursed to have to live with people who refuse to accept that fact.