Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New toothbrushes!


I found the greatest torture device, er, I mean, toothbrush ever! You press the little tail and it blinks for a minute so that your kids know how long to brush for.

At first, it was amusement for the kids. They turned off the lights and brushed their teeth. They lit up the inside of their mouths. They thought it was super-fun.
Then they discovered that a minute was a really long time. "Mom, did you know that if you brush your teeth for a WHOLE MINUTE that you start to drool? And the toothpaste gets really foamy?" Their siblings thought that was super-fun.
Then they started to brush their teeth without turning on the light-up end. Because it was a really long time and they drooled, you know. But now, after my motherly, "Did you use soap?" comes, "did you light up your toothbrush?" And then there are groans and stomping back to the bathroom. Mommy thinks that's super-fun.
Anyhow, no one paid me the big bucks to talk about this toothbrush I found (And you know I only bought it because it was cheap - now I'm hooked, darnit.) I just thought I'd pass on my great new find. And apparently they make them for grownups, too. So thank you, Dr. Fresh. You next on my list of thank you notes to write.

2 comments:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Can't let my kids see this post. They brush for two minutes! With a sonicare. NO way I'm going to let them know other kids only brush for one minute! There will be a revolution!

#2 said...

Oh my gosh, my children would fall out for two minutes! We'll have to work up to that one.

I thought we were doing pretty good just to get them to go a minute!