Monday, January 14, 2008

It all started with the Tupperware cupboard

I think that my Tupperware cupboard woes have been fairly well documented here. Well, I had an epiphany about six weeks ago. It seems logical to most, but I cleaned up and organized the Tupperware cupboard.

I fitted every piece and it's lid together. The spare lids and spare containers - I THREW THEM AWAY. I know, weird, right? It just seems so elementary now, but it just hasn't been for the last, oh, I don't know, thirty years.

I put the lids together, the containers stacked up. And so it has remained for the last six weeks, with only a little reorganizing, daily use, and no falling on my feet each day. And I can shut the cupboard without having to pray first, then slam the door.

But since then, I've completely revamped the way that I care for my home. I'll go into more specifics later, but I decided that I wanted to live in a tidy AND clean house. And once the decision was made, the plans were set into motion and routines have become, well, routine.

And, to think, I have the Tupperware cupboard to thank for it.

4 comments:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Yeah, I need to hear the specifics of this.....SOON! My Tupperware cupboard. DISASTER. It's like a cross between the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Mt. Vesuvius. :(

#2 said...

Oh, the Tupperware cupboard was the easy part. It was the rest of the house that was the hard part. And the piles, oh, the piles.

Anonymous said...

Great for you and your family!!

It's always a good feeling to leave and come back home to neat surroundings. It just causes a calmness and peaceful effect.

Everyone has their own reasons for how they choose to live. Most important is to live, love and be happy.

Carlo Menninger said...

Good Job! :)