Sunday, January 20, 2008

I finally did it.

We knocked on our neighbor's door this evening, to see if they wanted girl scout cookies. We see her and her husband here and there, and we knew they were having a baby next month.

So I ask, "When ARE you having that baby?"

In my defense, she never got a really big belly.

In my defense, the baby was due in mid-February.

In my defense, I didn't really look at her.

In my defense, I would have thought that our other neighbors would have mentioned something, and I was JUST AT THEIR HOUSE.


In my defense, the baby was nowhere around, nor was any baby paraphenalia.


In my defense, she was walking completely upright, not like a woman who had a baby five days ago.


But no. Sweet, sweet neighbor, in all her postpartum glory did not yell, scream or hit me, even though she should have. She just said, "Oh, we already had him! He was four weeks early! We just got home yesterday!"

So, no matter how many times I swore I would not embarass myself in such a way, I just did. NICE.

1 comment:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Oh my gosh, how embarrassing. But at least that's how it ended. As I read your post I had horrible thoughts they had lost the baby. Whew. At least he was just early!