Saturday, January 5, 2008

I always knew I wasn't cool, but honestly.

I caught the last half of the political debates tonight. And, no, I won't even begin to touch politics here.

I'd rather touch on the commercials. Because they made me feel like maybe, just maybe, I wasn't the target or expected audience for the debates. Because they were about absorbent underwear, and medication for several embarassing problems that women my age don't have.

And I couldn't decide, was I just the only thirtysomething loser home on a Saturday night? Or am I the only one who doesn't have alternative programming or chooses not to play a videogame? Are the debate-watchers all just confined to their recliners?

I can't decide if this says that I'm pathetic for watching or if the other people my age are pathetic for not watching? Or should I say 'apathetic'? Maybe a little of both? Either way, yikes.

1 comment:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

I'll tell ya what sucks. Trying to watch the world series with your kids (10 and 13) I mean, how many erectile dysfunction commercials do they really need to have?
I thought my lung was going to be coughed up because I had to keep coughing over the warnings "if you have an (cough cough cough cough) erection (cough cough cough cough) for more than eight hours, see a doctor."