Friday, October 26, 2007

Why I don't post pictures of myself


The middle one was in trouble today. And was told that unless she intended to lose priveleges, she needed to shape up. So, true to form, she took to the paper and markers. And this is what we got.
She hid it from me when I walked by the kitchen table. She later told me that she wanted to put a note in the mailbox so someone would find it when they got the mail. I suggested that she put it under the person's pillow so that they were sure to find it. And then I forgot about it. Until my husband went to bed. And came back out with a note, saying he found it under my pillow.
I adore my daughters art. It is a window into her soul. Her brothers blab everything that come into their minds, but she keeps it inside more. But her thoughts come out in her drawings and her notes.
And she tells me I'm beautiful. Um. So now you know why you won't see any pictures of me here. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so funny.
I hope she got a big hug....and something to eat. :)

Middle Sister said...

Hey - wait - when was the last time you actually WORE earrings?

My niece is one of the coolest people I know :)

#2 said...

I never did deny her any food. I'm still confused as the the request for food - if it had come from the youngest, I wouldn't have been surprised, but from her it was a little weird. But whatever. And we'd long forgiven and forgotten by the time the picture was discovered!

And the earrings. Yes. But what about the REALLY red lipstick? When was the last time I wore that color lips? Sadly, though, she did get my stringy hair just about right...

And, sister, your niece is one of the coolest people I know, too.