Thursday, October 11, 2007

Treadmill woes

So, I was getting frustrated. We've owned it for two weeks now. I've been on it every day except for three. I find myself wanting to get on it. I'll tell myself that I can take a break for a day, and I get on it anyhow, only because I want to. And I figure I'd better take it while I can, because you know that's never going to last.

But that's not why I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated because I've not lost a single pound. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I've gained a pound or two. Don't say it. Don't say "it must be muscle weight" because it's not. There's plenty of fat to be burned off before we get to any muscle. There are no new muscles here.

So frustrated.

But here's what happened tonight, which made me feel so much better. My kids were riding their bikes to school. And they ride fast. And I kept up with them. And didn't feel like I was going to die. I could run and run and run. And I felt strong.

So I'm still frustrated. But stronger. So at least there's that.

2 comments:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Make sure you aren't eating more. I know I've done that...."I can eat this big bowl of ice cream...after all, I DID exercise today." :)

But it's a positive sign that you're feeling stronger and healthier!!

#2 said...

WHA? BUT... WAIT!

Do you mean to tell me that I shouldn't be squirting the whole can of whipped cream straight into my mouth?

DANGIT!

(kidding!)