Monday, October 22, 2007

Transitions

Here in Texas, we are finally transitioning to fall. I mean, it may even get below 50 degrees! It's practically winter! Except that just a few days ago it was nearly 90. But, such is fall in Texas.

But we have some trouble in this household with transitions. I actually heard myself telling my daughter the other morning that I was going to confiscate all of her shorts if she refused to wear pants that morning. Seriously? That was my threat? I'm going to take away your shorts? Can I not come up with something better than that?

Anyhow, we're learning the consequences of our choices in our house. Your feet WILL be cold if you wear flip flops. Your legs will be cold if you choose to wear shorts. If you choose to forgo your jacket, you might shiver. And your mother will say I TOLD YOU SO.

And then probably hand you the jacket that she brought you just in case. I'm such a wimp.

No comments: