Saturday, September 1, 2007

laundry, again.

I've gone back to hanging most of our laundry to dry. Partly because I intend to save the world by using less electricity, partly because it made me confused as to why I was paying to both heat and cool my house at the same time and, let's face it, mostly because I was rebelling.

So here I am, though, hanging clothes in the laundry room, turning on a fan, which is cooling my house while blowing the wet out of my clothes. (brilliant, I know!) And washing the sheets, which get hung on the line to dry, in a quaint, country way - there are quilts on my laundry line, for goodness sakes! I don't know why anyone's complaining! IT'S QUAINT, I TELL YOU. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?

Anyhow, currently the only one complaining is the oldest. I washed his mommy blanket and dried it on the line. First of all, it doesn't smell right (he doesn't think that "clean" is a good smell - I can't wait for the teenage years.) and second, it's "stale." This is what he calls the crunch that the hung-dried clothes seem to have.

"Mommy, please, could you just use the dryer?"

No comments: