Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm going to regret this in the morning...

I went roller skating tonight. For two hours. My body may never forgive me.

It was our first Brownie outing, and the middle one and I went together with our friends. She'd never skated before, but man, she surprised me. She fell about 348 times, but she didn't cry once. She smiled, hopped right back up and kept at it, until she could skate across the little rink with no help, then she was ready for the big rink. But I couldn't figure out why she kept falling so much. Then I realized it was because I was going too slowly. She was ready to go fast - I mean windblown-hair fast. So zoom we did. And we laughed and smiled and had a ball.

But my body aches already, and we only stopped an hour ago.

Oh, yeah, and the eighties called, dude, and they want their hair, skates and short-shorts back. Seriously.

2 comments:

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Oh man, roller skating makes me hurt in places I didn't know I had! Good luck! Motrin will be your friend!

The Insane Writer said...

love roller skating! I miss it. Sigh