Sunday, September 2, 2007

the counselor, again.

New school, new counselor. Fortunately, this one knows me. Because the oldest one has come to her attention. What is it with that kid?

Apparently they were working on the "Star-Spangled Banner" in music class this week. My child, who read altogether too much, pipes up. "Did you know that this song is an old drinking song? They used to sing it in bars." According to the counselor, the teacher thought it was hysterical, calling it the quote of the week. And sharing it with her friend, the counselor.

According to the child, as I asked about it later (obviously), the teacher held it together quite well, because he said that she just said that she actually did know that, and thankyouverymuchforsharing.

But my child, and apparently his knowledge of drinking songs is well known now, amongst the staff of the elementary school. And I'm eight shades of red, again. I always thought it was the parent who was supposed to embarrass the child. At least that's what my mom always said.

No comments: