Monday, August 20, 2007

What digital has taken from us.

We had several disposable cameras and canisters of film that were over a year old that I just had developed. There was a familiar feeling as I hopped in the car and practically tore open the envelopes to see what was in store for me. It has been a long time since I've done that, and I think I kind of miss it.

Now, I love the fact that you can see your pictures immediately and know whether or not you have to take another, but there is something about that excitement that I miss. The surprise of seeing some really sweet pictures. And some really bad ones.

The disposable cameras were from our vacation from last year, to Mount Rushmore. We gave each of the children a camera and allowed them to take pictures. Surprisingly, the little one took several fairly good pictures of Sarge and me. We were laughing in the pictures, fairly certain that the pictures would be of our midsections or the tops of our head. There's a great picture of the little one's chin, one of my shoe, and a few of his brother taking pictures.

Next on my list of things to do - get funny pictures converted to digital.

These are the photos that would have been deleted before they would have been downloaded, but they make my heart so happy. That and the adorable picture of the middle one, before she got all, "Ugh, Mom, I'm practically a teenager now that I'm six, you should know that. Duh."

No comments: