Wednesday, August 22, 2007

the sleepover


I know, I know, enough with the pictures already. I can't promise I'll stop. Sorry.


We promised the children a sleepover in the littlest one's room as soon as it was finished (and at a time where I wouldn't be taking them out in public the next day, because no one *actually* sleeps at a sleepover). So finished it is, and all we have to do today is wait for the drywall man for the twelfth time, because he never actually shows up.
We pulled out a tent and three sleeping bags. The sleeping bags barely fit in the tent, and the kids played and played for at least an hour. Sleeping bags were moved, pillows were switched, giggles, tattletales (mo-om, she pinched me! mo-om, he kicked me! mo-om, he sniffed my pillow! You know, all the normal stuff.), and pretending to see constellations in the glow-in-the-dark stars.
The oldest one gave it up first. He fell asleep while the other two were still fort building and tattling and plotting their takeover of the world. Finally, about 10:30, I made them get in their own beds. They cried and wailed about the end of their sleepover. For about 28 seconds. Because that's when they fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the little one's room. He has a really neat theme going on!