Friday, August 17, 2007

Little capitalists.

So I'm going through a phase. A cleaning out phase. That would have nothing to do with the fact that I'm having a dinner party in a week. Nothing at all. The painting doesn't have anything to do with it, nor does the finding of the kitchen counters. Nope, nosirree, just a coincidence.

I asked the children if I could sell their Little People. We have a lot of them, because I love them so much, but they are taking over my junk closet, and I have more junk I need to shove in there. And they agreed, with two exceptions. The littlest one wanted to keep certain sets that are his favorites. Fine, agreed.

The second exception. The oldest one said he would only sell them if we could split the money four ways, one part to each of the children and one part to me. Um, really? How do you come up with these things, and why does it not seem altogether unreasonable?

So we're splitting the profits. And it helps for getting them in the car when we go randomly somewhere to meet someone - but you'll get five dollars, get in the car and no, you don't need shoes! And they do think they've won the toy lottery, because when this is all said and done, we'll each have about $20 (we have a lot of little people!)

But we'll try to keep it hushed that we're getting rid of the lazy-mobile, also known as the jogging stroller, that's never seen any jogging, just riding the lazy one to and from school while the older two walk. He has to walk this year - otherwise, he'll lose all credibility with his children when he tells them that he rode to school everyday in his pajamas under a blanket with a snack, while his mother sweated and sludged six miles uphill in the snow everyday, pushing him and his snacks.

No comments: