Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is it over yet?

Honestly, since the marble thing, I'm actually liking my children. They've been pretty fun to be around, the name-calling has subsided and there is harmony in my house.

But I had the opportunity to be out without my children today, in places where mothers brought their children but would have preferred to have been without them. The grocery store. A meeting. You know, the places that you only bring your children when there's not a drop of milk or a slice of cake -- desperate.

And I decided that the summer was wearing thin. That it was really time for the children to go back to school, and the moms to go back to doing what we do when our children are at school. The place where I was a week or so ago. The mothers I witnessed seemed to be, um, at the end of their ropes.

Tie a knot and hang on girls, it's getting close! Less than two weeks!

No comments: