Sunday, August 12, 2007

can't wait! giddy!

Sarge was painting the littlest one's room today. Well, he's still painting it, hopefully we won't ever want to change from REALLYDARKBLUE, because if it's anything like getting the paint on, the room will be three inches smaller. Fortunately it's only one wall. The rest are a lovely gray color. I'll post pictures, once it's actually put together.

The oldest child was in the room with his dad today while he was painting. I happened to be in there, also, and the oldest child was complaining about how loud his father's music was. And how it sounded really bad.

All the while, Sarge was reminiscing, "hey, babe, did I ever tell you that I saw Faith No More in concert? At the Superdome? In 1993?" And while I was wondering if they made the doors bigger on the Superdome to get all that hair through, a thought struck me.

MY SON WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT HIS PARENT'S MUSIC. AND THE CEILING DID NOT FALL IN. PIGS DID NOT FLY.

I so wish I'd had a tape recorder.

2 comments:

Sister #2 said...

Since you came out to help put in my ceiling fans and decorate my house, can we borrow my darling brother-in-law to come paint my house? The pool will be finished in the next week and he can float in our own big bathtub (no strangers allowed!)....

#2 said...

Ah, yes, but you really wouldn't want to hear his whining when it comes time to do it. And he's not *nearly* as fun as I am!

And besides, I could come paint, if only you don't mind missed spots and painted carpets!