Wednesday, July 4, 2007

No matter what

Our grand plan for the day was to sleep in. In fact, several days this week, the grand plan has been to sleep in. However, my body has a different plan. My body thinks that I should wake up between 8:07 and 8:11. Each time I have looked at the clock in the morning, it has been somewhere between those times. Ungrateful? Yes. When my children are here, I can only dream of sleeping until until 8:11. And here I am, annoyed at waking up that early.


What happened to the days of being able to sleep in past noon? Does that go away when you've had children too long? When you pass thirty? Because I always thought it was so lame that my mom would be up early on every Saturday morning. And here I am, on vacation, desperate to sleep in until 8:12.

No comments: