Thursday, July 5, 2007

A far prettier picture



Because that last picture was so gross. And it hurts to type. But that doesn't have anything to do with this pretty picture!



There are going to be two annoyed children in a few days. And possibly three. We spent the day painting the girl's bedroom two shades of the best green in the whole world. And then I added some stars and a few precious gems, because, well, I could.


The problem is that the girl will either love it or hate it, depending on her mood. And I'll just have to wait and see. But I could totally live in that room. Except for the small detail that I prefer the one that I already share that's a little less six-year-old-princess.

The boys will have to wait. I have to convince the older one to let me do what I want, not what he wants. Which involves paintings of habitats and animals. And those stars really stretched my artistic ability. The four year old draws better than I do, and he draws people with legs coming out of their heads.

So the oldest one's room remains white until he comes around to my way of thinking. And I'm still in negotiations with Sarge about the little one's room. I want blue and grey, but he worries that it will look like a Dallas Cowboys room. And we just simply can't have that. I guess?

And besides, I had to promise to clean all the bathrooms in order to get Sarge to paint the girl's room. I can't do that again any time soon -- because I hate cleaning the bathrooms more than Sarge hates painting, and that's a lot.

No comments: