Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Newlyweds

I was reminded tonight just how long I've been married. A Very Long Time.

We were at a party for a friend this evening and we sat across from some other friends who married just a month or so ago. She mentioned some kind of random food that she really loved. Her new husband responded in such a way that made me thing that he didn't know that before today. They talked about wedding pictures and when they wanted babies. They talked about things that newlyweds talk about.

But, oh my goodness, it's been a really long time since I've done those things, and it's become where I'm so old-frumpy-married-woman that I can barely speak of these things anymore. I don't usually have a hard time participating in most any conversation, but this one was hard for me! It took me some time to be able to remember that stage in my life.

What I came away from the conversation with was that I'm that old married person. The ones who people say when they pass them "oh, them? They've been married forever." And, you know what? I'm okay with that.

No comments: