Friday, June 22, 2007

I out-grossed an eight year old!

So I taught the boys a favorite childhood song of mine. It goes like this:

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
The worms play pinochle on your snout.
They eat your eyes, they eat your nose,
They eat the jelly between your toes.

Your stomach turns a ghastly green,
The pus comes out like thick whipped cream.
You slap it on a piece of bread,
And that's what you eat when you're dead!

I could only remember the first half, but couldn't remember the second half. So I called my mother. Because she was the one who taught it to me in the first place. And she totally came through.

Some of the boys really liked it. One boy was horrified by it. He really doesn't like for us to sing it.

I'm pretty sure the parents will make sure there are plenty of volunteers without me next year.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yup, I remember that from when I was a kid. And have dutifully taught it to my own kids. Although my version was a tad different:

If you should see a hearse go by
You know some day you're going to die.
They put you in a big long box
And bury you under a thousand rocks.

The worms crawl in
The worms crawl out
The worms play pinochle on your snout.

Your body turns a ghastly green
And pus comes out like whipping cream
(and then in your most gory voice you say)
Haaaannnnndddd mmmeeeee a spooooooonnnnnnn

#2 said...

Oh, my gosh, I LOVE that last line. Seriously -- I think I might need to add it to our version. Even grosser!