Friday, May 25, 2007

When does school start again?

Seriously, I never thought I'd be that woman. You know, the one who can't wait for her kids to go back to school? I always thought that was so horrible, that the summer was a time to enjoy your kids and enjoy being around them and having time together.

If today was any indication of what summer's going to be like, I'm ready for school to start up again! Tomorrow!

I'll admit, it was partially my fault. I did the most horrible thing a mother could do. I should whisper it so no one knows.

I made up a list of daily and weekly chores they are to do all summer long.

I know, I know, it was cruel and inhuman. They are going to have to make their beds. And brush their teeth. And get dressed. And, worst of all, twice a week, they are going to have to clean up their toys. I know! Two times! Every week!

Seriously, you would think that I was pulling out the hairs on their head one at a time. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, so we can start all over again.

No comments: