Tuesday, May 15, 2007

manners (or lack thereof)

I was at a meeting this morning. It was a group consisting entirely of women, I think all were mothers. It was one of those meetings that you had to be at, in order to get something done as a group at a later date. There was a heirarchy there of people in charge. I was a worker-bee, but was eager to get in, get the job done and get out.

I was so disappointed. It was a gab-fest. While the people in charge were trying to speak to the group, there were several conversations going on around me, and as far as I could tell, all were unrelated to the subject matter. They were not hushed conversations. They were being held in ordinary met-you-in-the-grocery-store voices.

THEN, some of the chatty women had the nerve to ask the women in charge to repeat themselves! Because they couldn't hear! Because they were too busy talking about how potty training was going!

No comments: