Thursday, May 3, 2007

green children

My children were given balloons at an event. I am NOT a big fan of balloons -- in fact, that last statement is a huge understatement. My children are acutely aware of that fact.

So the rules were set - they were to hold their balloons in the car until we got home. Under no circumstances were they to beat their siblings over the head with the balloons. Of course, the proceeded to hold their balloons for about two minutes of the trip, as instructed, and then began to yell and holler and beat each other over the heads with the balloons. What more could be expected?

So I took their balloons, to be returned when we got home. I thought I was being generous. They cried, they hollered, they fussed, they wailed and gnashed their teeth. They were devastated. I was tired. I didn't really want to listen to the histrionics. So I opened the window to the car and let the balloons go. They sobbed and were generally devastated. But then, the ultimate accusation came from the backseat.

"MOM, you littered!"

No comments: