Wednesday, April 18, 2007

who do you love most, mommy?

You know that question is inevitable. All three children sitting at the table, and the oldest one posed that question. The others were curious. They wanted to know too, hoping that they were the one.

The shock on their faces when I picked was unforgettable. My favorite was their dad. My husband is the person on this earth that I love most. "But, mommy," their pitiful faces asked, "what about us?" "Oh, I love the three of you next, but daddy is my favorite"

They were devastated for a while, but I think they've gotten used to it, and they are okay with it. They are next, but without my favorite friend in the whole world, I'm not as good a mother or woman. He makes me better, and our friendship is priceless.

I love you, Sarge.

No comments: