Sunday, April 15, 2007

things that make me happy




My master bathroom makes me happy. It's ridiculously large - in fact, when we moved in here, I told my husband that I thought that we would need our own toothpastes, our sinks were so far apart.

Also, when we were building the house and they painted the bathroom, I almost cried, because it looked like someone had thrown baby food peas all over the walls. The builder even felt so bad for me that he offered to have the painters come back and repaint it the same color as the rest of the house.


But, I sucked it up, because that was the color that I had chosen and started decorating. I am now in love with that bathroom. I found the fabric for the curtain forever ago, but was looking for just the right fringe. And I found it. You can't tell from the picture, but the colors are the same as the walls and the fabric, with a little golden brown thrown in for good measure. And, the little acorns look like little turds, but if you can just wrap your mind around the fact that they are little acorns, it helps.


Now, if only I could try to stop hating the big fat cushy towels that I treated myself to, and stop using the old ratty thin ones, I could really feel like I lived in luxury!

No comments: