Friday, April 13, 2007

Put a red hat on her...


She just doesn't care anymore.

My ten year old dog is wearing a T-shirt. And she's not even embarrassed. I think that's the part that makes me the saddest. She's got skin issues and she won't stop chewing and scratching her skin, so I thought that covering it might help. It does, but I thought she'd be a little more bothered by the shirt. She's not.

When it comes time to put it on, she doesn't run away. In fact, she sits quietly and lifts up her paws when asked. You'd think that my dog was well trained, but she's really not. She jumps on new people when they come in my door, she scratches the back door when she wants in, and she'll even bark when there's not room for her on the couch. But she'll sit patiently while I put her T-shirt on and then wear it around like she's a little purse dog wearing a swanky sweater.

No comments: